Global Adventures

St. George's Independent School

By

Italy 2016: Day 7

The first thing we did was see the Colosseum. It could fit 60,000 people. The size of it made me think of how small things actual are. The entire experience of being in a building that was constructed countless centuries ago really blew my mind. It was definitely my favorite part of the day.

Went through Roman Forum after we left the Colosseum. It was spectacular. I felt like I stepped back in time and was walking with the ancient Romans.
In the afternoon, we went to the Trevi Fountain and we all made our wishes and then had some great gelato. Whilst there, Omar tried to through his coin (according to Roman tradition) but he threw it from the top pier in front on the fountain. He almost hit a French man in the forehead on his first try and then on his second he missed the fountain completely. He gave up after that.
The best part of the afternoon was running up the Spanish steps with Preston, Aiden, and Alfred. It felt like I was the victor of a great race or like was a movie movie star.
Then we went to the Parthenon. The architecture blew my mind. The fact that people who did not have modern technology achieved such a feat is incredible. It was absolutely breathtaking. Outside the parthenon, were two men. One was singing opera style while the other one played a guitar looking instrument. They were really good.